1. The chances of your website getting targetted traffic is increased if you place your chosen keyword into the title of your website. This is because it makes it easy for search engine roberts to find out what your website is about. You can find the title tag at the top of your website between the head tags.
Treat the title like a headline. Try to draw attention to your site with a good headline because this is what people will see in the search results.
2. Try to link pages within your website together with your chosen keyword as the anchor text. The more links you have the better.
3. Your title text should appear at least once in the content of your website. This ensures search engines know that the body of the website is relevant to the content.
When putting your keyword into the body of the website bold or highlight them to make them stand out.
4. Ensure that each page on your website has a different title – when search engine robots scan your website they might assume that each page is the same if they all contain the same heading. If this happens it might not index your website.
5. Do not spam the description or keyword meta tag by stuffing meaningless keywords or even spend too much time on this tag. SEO pros all agree that these tags are not as important today as they once were. I just place my headline once within the keywords and description tags.
6. Do not link to link-farms or other search engine unfriendly neighborhoods.
7. Do not use doorway pages. Doorway pages are designed for robots only, not humans. Search engines like to index human friendly pages which contain content which is relevant to the search.
9. For every image on your website make sure that it is described usnig the alt tag. This not only helps website users out but more importantly allows search engines to index your page.
10. Submit your website manually to search engines. If you use a submission service or software your website might get banned.